Universal Audio, the designer and importer of audio signal processing hardwares and DSP softwares, has recently rolled out new plugins including the Lexicon 480L.
Available exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces, the Lexicon 480L Digital Reverb and Effects Plug-In is claimed to be the world’s only Lexicon-endorsed emulation of this classic studio reverb.
With a price tag of USD 349, the plugin comes with key features as given below:
- Licensed and endorsed by Lexicon, it features their pinnacle achievement algorithm designs
- Provides the essential sound and control set of the legendary Lexicon hardware
- Enduring Lexicon reverb and effects derived from final software version 4.10 including Plate, Hall, Room, Random, Ambience, Twin Delays and Effects algorithms
- Recreates iconic desktop “LARC” remote with logical workflow improvements
- Includes over 100 artist presets from Spike Stent, Chuck Zwicky, Eli Janney, Ian Boxill, Jacknife Lee, and more
Speaking about the Lexicon 480L Digital Effects System, it was released back in 1986 and is still recognised globally while being part of many popular studio consoles for more than 30 years.
Alongside the new Lexicon 480L Digital Reverb and Effects plug-in, the company’s latest software release also offers plug-in titles from its direct developer partners Softube, AMS Neve, and Brainworx.
Here are their price tag and features:
- Generates iconic robotic vocal textures with classic analog vocoder tone
- 12-voice polyphonic carrier synth with multiple waveforms and selectable octave
- Freeze function can be DAW-synced to clock division, or controlled via MIDI
- Variable bands (4, 8, 12, 16, 20) offering vintage to modern vocoding effects
- Notes and chords can be entered in real-time with the built-in keyboard or via MIDI
- Access the sound of the AMS Neve Digital Film Console channel strip; the same used in the world’s premier motion picture facilities
- Four bands of fully parametric EQ, plus two bands of 4th-order filtering
- Compressor, Limiter, Expander, Gate, and Dynamic EQ
- Exacting emulation of the original Suhr SE100 tube amp, authenticated and endorsed by John Suhr and Doug Aldrich
- 120 advanced Impulse Responses (IR) to catch all styles and genres from high-gain to creamy-clean sounds
- FX Rack includes host-syncable lo-fi delay, noise gate, tight and smooth filters, and power soak with pre and power amp bypass
- Physical input impedance and hands-on gain staging with Unison technology
- Full-fledged, professional analog mastering chain
- Built and tuned with years of mastering experience by Brainworx founder Dirk Ulrich
- Focuses on essential user interface elements for maximum control and ease of use
- High-quality, field-proven audio processors, for easy and effective results